Wireless AXIWI® duplex communication systems (headsets) are more and more used to train and coach staff in factories. Before the Coronacrisis, a trainer and trainee could be close to each other. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible due to the 1.5 meters distance that we have to keep. By using a wireless communication system, the trainer can instruct the trainee hands-free via a headset.
In this blog article, we will discuss the benefits of using headsets for coaching staff in factories and production environments; rooms and spaces with a lot of ambient noise.
- It is Corona proof. With a wireless factory communication system, it is easy to communicate with each other responsibly at 1.5 meters, even if there is a lot of ambient noise in the environment due to, for example, a machine park. The wireless communication via the headsets ensures that the trainer and the trainee can communicate safely and at an appropriate distance.
- You are coaching “in” the moment. As a trainer, you can coach the trainee ‘in’ the moment, which speeds up the trainee’s learning curve. Whatever you give feedback on, the trainee can then immediately practice and apply it in practice.
- Professionalize the training. Poor communication in an environment with a lot of noise is no longer necessary. It can therefore be not comforting when you want to coach, and train staff and you cannot easily communicate with each other or even have to shout. It takes a lot of time and prevents proper training of the team. With a wireless headset for factories or coaches, a trainer can coach the trainee quickly, clearly and directly, without having to shout. That works very well for the coach and staff.
- Evaluate effectively. Essential learning points can be discussed directly by the trainer and trainee during training in the production environment via the wireless headsets. And therefore, the learning points will not be forgotten and will speed up the learning curve.
- Good cooperation. If several trainees are involved in group communication, to fulfil a task or process, the trainer can directly observe how the team reacts to situations and how communication takes place. He can then analyze what can be improved. It also appears that training with headsets gives a trainee more confidence in the task or process. He knows that someone is watching and listening via the headsets and can provide him/her with immediate feedback
Conditions for proper use of wireless factory communication systems
Before you decide, with a group, to work with a wireless communication system, in a factory or a production environment, it is essential to make agreements with each other about how you communicate with each other. What do you say and what don’t you say? And for example; do you use specific “keywords”?
- Think carefully about the above matters in advance, because that benefits the cooperation and clarity in communication.