Wireless referee communication system for basketball
It is essential for basketball referees to communicate as direct as possible with his assistant referee in order to lead the game in the best way. For reason of distance , the position of the referee and assistants the rapidness of the game , this is not always possible. With the wireless AXIWI communication system for basketball referees you now can communicate fast and directly with your colleague, by which you do not miss anything and you are able to lead the game in the best way. And the communications system is very affordable: similar referee communication systems are 5 to 6 times as expensive.
The referee communication system for basketball
With the AXIWI® communication system, up to 6 persons can simultaneously communicate hands-free with each other. Just like a telephone conversation. Various settings are possible, e.g. one person is the master, and up till a total of six persons can talk and listen simultaneously. Others persons with a similar unit can listen to the conversation. You also can have a master and sub-master configuration, meaning master and sub-master coupled together and four (4) others can use the “S” button to switch on or off the talk function. Or you can make use of an optional PTT button to open or close the talk function. More options are available! Please ask our sales department.
- The environmental noise levels during a basketball match is medium.
- Verbal communication between the referees is not a huge challenge, however depending on their experience communication with the secretaries recording the score can be.
- With AXIWI it is made easy for referees to communicate with the secretaries to ensure all required data is recorded correctly by the secretaries, but it also gives secretaries the opportunity to quickly ask for clarifications if required from the referee.
Top referees and officials whistle with AXIWI
The AXIWI communication system is already in use by the (top) referees from several international renowned sports federations.
Benefits for basketball refees using a duplex and wireless communication system
Quick decision making with the ‘open’ line
- Proactive game management tool
- Directly in contact with referees and officials
- Everyone (with an AXIWI) is live well informed
Motivates referee team
- Referees and officials are fully involved
- Confirm critical game information
- Communicate fast and directly relevant information
- Players and coaches appreciate technology because it increases right decisions and the performance of the referee team
- The AXIWI® wireless headset allows referee coaches to know what referees in the field are communicating with each other. And how to react to specific situations. It helps the referee coach with good evaluations and develops the skills of the referee.
AXIWI on Instagram
Follow us on instagram for daily stories, acions and (product)pictures of AXIWI. Click here to go directly to our Instagram account.
Professional and affordable handsfree duplex communication system for #referee #umpire #coach #sportsofficial. Check also @axiwi_headsets 💪👊🚀
AXIWI Communication System
The AXIWI communication system only weighs 39 grams, has a safety lanyard and a clothing clip. The communication system is powered by a rechargeable battery and has a service life of 8-12 hours. There are various headsets available. The AXIWI communication system allows five people to communicate with each other simultaneously, others can listen in or break into the conversation.
Survey: Which possibilities does a communication system offers referees and sports?
Referees take more correct and faster decisions with communication system
In June 2016 Axitour Communication Systems has held a survey among referees in Holland. The referees who participated on the survey are active on all levels and in a variety of sports. To obtain the information we made a survey for referees who are working with a communications system and who aren’t working with a communication system: 105 to 419.
More information about the survey: Check the webpage with the main results, the Infographic and the official Press Release of the survey.
Any questions? We would love to be there for you!
An immediate answer? Call +31 (0)180-691 400 between 8:15 am and 5:15 pm
Mobile phone: +31 614 16 45 02 (out of working times)
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply your question as soon as possible.